I am an experienced Creative Director, Project Manager and Public Information Specialist who brings an impressive resume of more than 27 years of brand marketing, advertising and creative design experience to a wide range of projects and companies in a variety of industries.
An Iraq War Veteran and former Naval Systems Engineer, I used my strong work ethic, a diverse mix of creative experience and keen business sense to eventually build my own successful creative agency from the ground up. Throughout my career, I have provided small businesses and Fortune 500 clients, in a wide range of industries, with bold, award-winning creative print, video, web and social media marketing content.
I'm a hands-on design and brand manager who is skilled in many of the current design software programs included within the Adobe Creative Suite, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Premiere, etc. I am proficient in many of the online web development and social media platforms and have designed both traditional and digital marketing campaigns for a wide range of corporate clients including those in the Financial, Transportation, Healthcare, Themed Entertainment and Sports industries throughout my career. Examples of my work include every type of print advertising, publication design, newsletters, flyers, fact sheets, direct mail, signage, web design, and logo design including marketing and branding.
Executive Creative Director - Quest Corporation of America, Inc. (QCA)
Jun 2016 - Present
As the senior member of Quest's Creative Services department, I have lead the development of multiple comprehensive marketing and communications campaigns, designed public involvement materials and project branding, developed innovative creative strategies for effective information and message delivery and implemented new quality control and production processes. I have exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; excel in communicating directly with clients to assess goals, and determine project needs and requirements.
- Manages a successful team of creative professionals, overseeing all aspects of creative marketing and communications design and development in a variety of print, web, video and social media concepts and campaigns.
- Provides branded print/digital content, informative collateral and proper use guidelines for public involvement/engagement materials on several major transportation projects and initiatives within the states of Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Materials include maps, flyers, brochures, renderings, websites, newspaper ads, reports, presentations, signage and more.
- Led creative team in designing a new project branding strategy to include a bold new project logo, custom website, various print collateral and provides design and supervision of additional graphic design services in support of the ongoing public information efforts behind FDOT District Seven’s Interstate Improvement Project; Tampa Bay Next.
- Provides ongoing graphic design and creative support services to the busy FDOT District Five Districtwide Public Information Services contract, creating both print and digital collateral for numerous projects and initiatives including construction projects, public meetings, ground-breaking ceremonies and ribbon-cutting events.
- Supports a wide range of local, district and national clients including; FDOT (D1/D3/D5/D6/D7), HNTB, Tindale Oliver, Jacobs, AECOM, Central Florida Expressway/Wekiva Parkway, Michael Baker International, Delaware River Port Authority, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, etc.
Owner/Creative Director - Bad Rabbit Creative
2012 - 2016
- Established, managed and designed branded media content and campaigns on a wide range of projects in multiple industries, including transportation, healthcare, finance, real estate, publishing companies and more.
- Led creative efforts in designing a new project logo and custom website in support of the Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Re-evaluation Study for the widely anticipated I-4 – Beyond The Ultimate project.
- Developed creative programs and design concepts that met business objectives and advanced the clients brand strategy.
- Produced creative print design, web design and social media content design using Adobe© Creative Cloud Suite of products, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Responsibly tracked and maintained production budgets and schedules on all projects and campaigns.
Owner/Chief Creative Officer/Executive Producer - Gate Seven Creative Studios
2002 - 2012
- Executive Produced thousand’s of hours of local, regional and national award-winning commercial advertising, docu-style reality television, broadcast specials and other on-air network promotions.
- Established and managed creative art direction on multiple projects and campaigns from concept through completion.
- Managed and maintained vendor partnerships.
- Provided quality control over all concepts and projects.
VP, Sales & Marketing/Creative Services Manager - Century III at Universal Studios, Florida
2000 - 2002
- Planned, organized, staffed, trained and managed a team of professionals in all aspects of sales and marketing to achieve the company’s objectives of growth, profitability, and brand visibility.
- Maintained high level client relationships with upper management within the NBC/Universal organization.
- Provided creative/art direction and other marketing support services on various Universal Orlando Resort event campaigns including Mardi Gras, Halloween Horror Nights, Summer Concert Series, etc.
VP, Creative Services/Executive ProducerLycomm Agency
1999 - 2000
- Supervised the production of creative content from concept through completion for a wide range of marketing and advertising clients.
- Directed all creative activities to maintain the high level standards of creative excellence, timeliness and consistent revenue generation, while achieving client’s goals.
- Managed third-party vendor contracts, quality control and overall service production.
- Interfaced with customers, staff and crew to effectively meet production goals, communicate ideas and offer creative solutions.
Account Executive/Graphic DesignerCentury III at Universal Studios, Florida
1996 - 1999
- Developed and maintained sales and key client relationships.
- Responsible for concept and design of brand marketing collateral and other print related content.
Account ExecutiveAll Post, Inc.
1991 - 1996
- Developed and maintained key client relationships with Los Angeles’ largest film and television studios, including Warner Bros., Universal Studios, Sony and Walt Disney Pictures, as well as newcomers Turner Broadcasting and New Line Cinema.
- Tasked with overseeing the company’s newly developed Telecine Department and its digital mastering of Motion Picture and Episodic Television Series from their original film media to the new tape format.
Digital Media/Multimedia Design | Orange Technical College
2012 - 2013
Completed more than a thousand course hours of specialized program training for certification in all software included within the Adobe© Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Flash & Premier.
Mechanical/Engineering Core Theories | Naval Training Support Center
1987 - 1988
- Basic Civil, Electrical & Systems Engineering
- Advanced Hydraulic Engineering
- Advanced Pneumatic Engineering
- Advanced Shipboard Aircraft Fire Support